With a lot of people around the globe facing a return to lockdown this winter, Instagram keeps up to provide a way for people staying at home to travel indirectly and plan future vacations. Recent research by Parkdean Resorts, based in the United Kingdom, revealed 15 most Insta-Worthy hot springs in the world.
Here are 15 most popular hot springs, public baths and onsens in the world- the places you can look forward to visiting after the pandemic is over:
1. Szechenyi Bath in Hungary.
2. Blue Lagoon Geothermal Spa in Iceland.
3. Mammoth Hot Springs in California.
4. Terme Di Saturnia in Italy.
5. Hanmer Springs in New Zealand.
6. Hot Springs in Kinosaki, Japan.
7. Aqua Dome in Austria.
8. Grutas Tolantogo in Mexico.
9. Chena Hot Springs in Alaska.
10. Peninsula Hot Springs in Australia.
11. Dogo Onsen in Japan.
12. Cascate del Mulino in Italy.
13. Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs in New Mexico.
14. Hot Water Beach in New Zealand.
15. Termas Geometricas in Chile.
To get the results, Parkdean Resorts employees made an editorial list of the world’s most famous hot springs, then conducted studies to see how many hashtags each hot spring received on Instagram. It should be recognized that this list was curated to only involve public baths, springs and onsens that were not dangerous for people to enjoy in.
While several highest-ranking hot springs are located in Japan and Europe, a handful from the United States, Austria and New Zealand also made to the list, as did many popular spots in South and Central America. United States finalists include Chena Hot Springs in Alaska, Mammoth Hot Springs in California and Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs in New Mexico, handing American folks a few options for vacations once things calm down a bit.