WhatsApp’s clarification about the new policy
- Neither WhatsApp nor Facebook can read your messages or any other personal information.
- Facebook and WhatsApp, both of them will remain unable to see your location either.
- WhatsApp will not share your contacts with Facebook.
- All WhatsApp groups will remain private.
- WhatsApp users can now set their messages to disappear.
In case any user does not want to share his/her interactions with business accounts, they can choose not to agree with their terms. However, doing so will result in losing your WhatsApp account.
After clearing all rumors and concerns, people are still not ready to trust them completely. The main reason behind it is their parent company Facebook. Mark Zuckerberg’s social platform doesn’t have a good record of maintaining its user’s privacy. Thus, the idea of switching to other social media apps is attracting many people.