Authorities in South Florida are looking for help from the public after two people died and at least 20 others had been injured early Sunday throughout a shooting outside a feast station. The gunfire took place at El Mula Banquet Hall in northwest Miami-Dade County, near Hialeah, police said, hall rented for the concert.
Three people rolled out of an SUV and opened fire on the group outside, Miami-Dade police director Alfredo “Freddy” Ramirez III said.” I am at the scene of some other targeted and cowardly act of gun violence, in which over 20 victims had been shot and two have unfortunately died,” Ramirez tweeted. “These are cold-blooded murderers that shot indiscriminately right into a crowd, and we can seek justice.
My deepest condolences to the family of the victims.” Camping World CEO and TV character Marcus Lemonis said on Twitter that he was presenting a $100,000 reward “to help the government in my hometown … arrest and convict the suspect/suspects.”Ramirez said police have been thankful for the reward offer.
“This is our community; we are stronger together,” Ramirez said. “We want our county to step up with information.”
Miami department of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives presented $25,000 to the reward, later stated on Twitter, bringing the real prize to $125,000.
Two people died on the scene, police said. As many as 25 people went to numerous hospitals for treatment. Family members and loved ones gathered outside the emergency room at Jackson Memorial, awaiting information.
As of Sunday afternoon, police had not released the names of the victims.
Angelica Green informed Local 10 News that her 24-year-old son was shot in the stomach.
“He called us frantic, saying he had been shot, that it hurts and that he loves us,” Green said. “He said the men got here with ski masks and hoodies and simply started shooting up the crowd.”
Leave a Reply